Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Living For That Day


On Sunday night, I decided to catch up on my Cornerstone Podcasts, so I turned on my laptop, waited about 20 minutes for it to actually turn on (it’s acting like it’s dying… uh oh!) and went to the most recent one that’s downloaded. It was entitled “Living for That Day.”

What I didn’t realize was that it was the last sermon of the year 2009. Why is that important? Because there were some key points in the message that made me realize again how essential it is to be living like Christ and telling everyone about Him.

One of those was this question, “Can you think of specific times in 2009 when it would have been miserable if Christ had come back?” And my answer? “Absolutely.” I can think of more than a handful of moments that I would have felt ashamed, unworthy, petty, and just plain stupid. When I was in an argument. When I was bitter. When I was lazy. When I was jealous. When I was spiteful and malicious. When I said things in anger. When I didn’t say anything. When I was selfish. When I didn’t choose to love the Lord with all my heart.

And despite all of this, I have a God who LOVES ME. In 2 Peter 3:8-9, it says, “But do not overlook this one fact, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.”

I am so thankful that the Lord didn’t choose any of those moments this past year to return to this earth. Aren’t you? I am thankful that He has not only been patient with me in my moments of unworthiness. I am also thankful because I STILL have that opportunity to bring others to Christ. To show them His love and guide them to see His never-ending kindness and grace. I want to be found “without spot or blemish, and at peace” by my Lord when He comes!

...A Short Funny...
I told my kids about the message I had listened to on Monday morning during our devotions, and one of them (a very witty, funny Dutch boy) asked, “Miss Fuller, if Jesus comes back, does that mean we don’t have to do our homework?” Hahaha. Oh, to be 12 again…

1 comment:

  1. haha. That's a cute story. I like witty Dutch boys.

    ReplyDelete