
This is the intersection where our little section of town, Muyenga, meets up with Kibuli Road, which is the road you drive on to get to Garden City. This road can take 5 minutes to drive, or it can take 5 hours... oh Uganda.

I don't know how I feel about being in buildings that are constructed with wooden logs...

walking home from church, I imagine.

boda drivers aren't always incredibly friendly, but this group of guys really wanted their pictures taken. I took an individual shot of each driver on his bike. The guys look kind of intimidating, but they were actually really fun :)

I met several groups of kids who also wanted their pictures taken. They were really cute. I made sure to bring a few packs of gum with me to hand out to the kids.

such sweet kids. so full of joy and laughter.

beautiful.

I've been trying to figure out why I enjoy looking at the clouds here (not that I don't like the clouds in Cali, but there are times when I am seriously fixated on them here and can't tear my eyes away!) and I've come to the conclusion that the clouds here are
higher.
I realize that doesn't make any sense. The clouds here seem like they extend and reach so much higher into the sky. They are gigantic, cumulonimbus clouds, and it feels like you're standing next to it, looking at it in its entirety. Awesome.

Need some jeans? This is (apparently) the place to go!
:)
I love these ones. It's like more of a window into your world right now- thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete