Yesterday, the journey began to the Giza pyramids! We got to ride a camel around and see all 6 pyramids (3 small, 3 large) and the Sphinx. It was so exciting!!!
Jill and I also scampered up one of the ruins and ate lunch at the top of it... we figured it was the only place where the kids and men would stop pestering us to take a photo with them. It was so picturesque to be sitting, overlooking the city - 26 million people - and the pyramids at the same time.
What an amazing experience too, to realize that these structures (whose architecture still boggle brilliant minds today) were already in existence when He came to the earth!
And... I PROMISE that I'll post more pics later, but while we're here in Cairo, we only have internet access through Christy's computer, so... pictures might have to wait till we're back in Uganda, sorry!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletelove it :)