Sunday, December 6, 2009

weebale nyo (thank you very much)

oh man, this weekend was great. volleyball. french toast. great conversations. christmas music. sleeping in 'til noon. soooooo good.




minor problem? didn't get a thing done for school, and we were supposed to have our final exam study guides turned in on Friday so all the kids could start studying (yeah, right anyways... those kids were not going to study this weekend.)




...which is why I'm up right now! Almost 1:00 am and I just finished my final exam guides and have a pretty good grasp of what I want the tests to be next week. I cannot believe we're already through half of the school year! Some days it feels like I just got here, and others it feels like I've been here for a very long time. Anyways, it's been a restful weekend and I'm feeling really refreshed going into this week.




This weekend was also fun because last week was so CrAzY.




I think that I might have just over-committed myself to too many events on one day... scratch that. I absolutely over-committed myself to too many events on one day.




Friday was my 6th grader's Chapel day, where we get to give a lesson for the K-6th grade. My kids were really excited, and after our success with our movie for the Rain Festival back in October, they were keen on the idea of doing more movies, the only question was what to do? So, we came up with this news broadcast idea, and we would pre-record all of the interviews and then make it seem like a real action news show. We called it BBU Action News - Bringing the Bible to U ... clever, eh? :)




We had a lot of fun video-ing it around school, trying to wait for the guys with the saws to be quiet enough, waiting for the preschoolers to walk past us and stop shouting, and, of course, finding places to actually film the scenes. We did old-time renditions in real-time news of stories like David and Goliath, the battle of Jericho, Miriam saving Moses in the Nile, and Lazarus being raised to life. The kids really came through with shining colors!




(p.s. we also included several puns into our skits, like, "Who is the richest woman in the Old Testament?" answer: "Pharoah's daughter! She went down to the Nile and took out a little prophet.") hahaha




Basically we prepped for Chapel ALL week long. Then, I had also said, "OK" to the music teacher who had asked me to direct my kids in the Christmas Program at school. When I had agreed to it, I didn't know the extent of involvement it was going to require!




My kids wanted to make a whole band-like performance, since so many of them play instruments... and can I also say that they have almost perfect pitch? They're soooo in tune. .I. .love. .it.




So, four of the 6th graders brought in their guitars, one played the flute, one the ocarina, and another the violin, while everyone else sang in the choir. We performed "What Child Is This?" and it was definitely a success! The kids practiced almost every day during their recess to make sure they had the right chords and tune and everything. They're such a great group of kids!!




And the Christmas Program was on Friday night at 6. Went home around 3:30, took a little rest, got ready, and walked on back down to school! Hence, why I slept in till noon on Saturday. I was exhausted in that "I have used so much energy but it was completely satisfying but now I'm going to collapse" feeling :-/


Such an eventful, busy week. But it was so great and I'm so glad that not only me, but my kids too, pushed ourselves and made everything the best it could be, all for the glory of our God!


And the Lord has definitely been my Protector these past few weeks, since my near meltdown. He's sent me people to uplift and encourage, friends to walk with me through it, and kids to make everything seem joyful and amazing.



Thank you for Your Work in me and in my situations.



Ok, going to bed. Almost 2:00 now... G'night!

2 comments:

  1. oh. my. goodness.
    one of your best, most ADD posts yet. love it!!
    highlights: the Bible joke, your pride in your kids' pitch, and your transparency.

    oh, and the picture near the bottom is also one of my new favorites that you've taken. have I mentioned how talented you are? miss you and love you! praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and when I say "ADD," I mean that in a complimentary way. Just for clarity's sake ;)
    I can tell you wrote it late at night (or in the "wee sma's"), because it reminds me of some late night, random conversations.

    ReplyDelete