Thursday, November 5, 2009

and they will know you by your fruit


Love - for those who we don't always want to love; yet, we're called to love them anyways with a pure heart... my prayer is that I would WANT to love them
Joy - in those moments when the world has sucked all of our energy, to CHOOSE to find my joy in Christ
Peace - to know the peace that passes understanding, even when sometimes I wonder why the Lord has apportioned me with this Cup
Patience - loving others even when plans change, people go back on their word, or situations arise that are out of our control; I know there is one who is in CONTROL... so help me to remember that in those times of struggle.
Kindness - I want to want to react in kindness, and not be easily angered or frustrated. I want to treat others with sincerity and love, and from that, kindness will come.
Goodness - To have such a heart like Christ's that there are good intentions and purposes behind every action, every word that is spoken from my mouth.
Faithfulness - spending my time with my Savior who brings that peace and love and compassion; to be so faithful that I'm filled by His love so that it can't help but overflow.
Gentleness - keeping a quiet spirit, serving others in a gentle and calm way.
Self-Control - not yearning for the things and people I don't have, but instead keeping my mind fixated on the One who matters and the Plan he has for me and my life and my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment