Ok, so I've been told that more posts are needed... (thanks Meg) ... so here's one of the funny stories from the plane ride. Just as a forewarning, this is in no way meant to be racially discriminatory or prejudiced, it is simply funny :)
On the plane ride from LA to Dubai, I was seated in the aisle, which actually allowed for more leg room once we were cruising and boredom became an issue, but that's beside the point of this, hopefully, short story - seeing as how it's 10:30 pm and I need to get some sleep before my last day in my classroom without any kiddos!!
Alright, side track noted. I was seated next to this Indian couple who were flying to New Delhi. (Again, I promise I'm not being racist, it really does relate to the story.) We got to talking, and they told me that they were in the U.S. visiting their daughter and son-in-law, who lived in Pasadena or something. We were talking about what they had done, since they had been here for a few weeks. The husband mentioned that they had gone for one of the weekends to Vegas.
Strange, I thought, seeing as how I don't think I'd enjoy Vegas all that much, and I think I'm somewhat conservative :) "Oh really?" I asked. He mentioned how they went to see some plays, and how his wife liked to gamble a little in the slot machines (she slapped him in the arm for saying that) and just saw the sights.
I said that it sounded like a fun trip, to which he replied, "Well, you know what they say about Vegas. You leave everything behind you." Thinking that he meant that you lose a lot of money, I agreed, and said, "Oh yeah, definitely." Then, a few moments later, I realized that he was referring to the motto, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."
Kind of got lost in translation :) I thought it was so funny that I grabbed my notebook and tried to discretely write it down so I wouldn't forget.
I tried to upload some pics from Dubai, but alas, the Internet is finicky and is not allowing it. And I need to go to bed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment