- Sense & Sensibility (few weeks ago, with Meg, just us girls) - ALWAYS a classic. Love it.
- Bourne Ultimatum (1:00-3:00 some random night... just me) - so good. I forgot how dizzy I got with all of the chase scenes. I love those action-thriller-escape-government cover-up movies! Solid.
- Count of Monte Cristo (also with Meg, just us & the puppy) - Jim Caviziel is such a stud. Meg pointed out that it was written by Shakespeare... I had forgotten that.
- Transformers 2 (with Danielle, bored one night in Simi) - REALLY good action scenes. the girls need to wear more clothes - goodness?! Again, dizzy from action scenes. I loved the first one, and this one was good too!
- Shrek the Third (again, another late night movie!) - not as funny as I remembered it, but I re-watched it because I couldn't remember what it was about at all... I was also working on some pics on my comp, so maybe I was just too distracted? Hope so.
- Away We Go (in Marina del Ray with Kristen, after BJs and before Diddy Reese!!) very independent film-y. Similar soundtrack to "Garden State". This pregnant couple is looking for the city that they want to raise their child in, and they travel around, visiting people they know, looking for 'those people' that they want to be in their lives. Interesting, definitely a 'make you think about different relationships' kind of movie. Overall, Good.
- Bella (with Cristina & Meg, just the other night. We were going to make strawberry shortcake, but the milk was bad! :( bummer) It didn't seem like there was much plot to the story. It was nice, and made you smile from time to time, but not too deep.
- MADE of Honor (today, just me, not feeling too great from my Typhoid medicine :/ ) I still think Patrick Dempsey is dreamy, but he wasn't that great in this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but his hair bugged me the whole movie! Cute, romantic comedy for the day.
- National Treasure 2 (also today, still kind of being a bum...) I love these. So good. Breaking into Buckingham Palace, kidnapping the President, car chases, secret puzzles from 200 years ago - what more could a girl ask for?? Oh, to be a super cool government agent or spy...
- Harry Potter?!? Still waiting for someone to go with me!
Any suggestions? I have the free Netflix for this next week! I figure it'll help some of the organizing and packing go faster and be more fun :)
I agree, Sense and Sensibility is always a good movie. My mom, Julia and I have been on a Jane Austen kick recently and, since Julia has netflix, it has been great! So, recommendations for you:
ReplyDelete- Northanger Abbey - the Masterpiece Theater version. It's pretty good.
- Lost in Austen - oh, this movie is quite the experience... we had a fun time watching it, but make sure you have some time to spare. It's 3 hours long.
- Pride and Prejudice - the black and white version with Laurence Olivier. Oh my goodness, there aren't really words for this movie. It's pretty bad, but a good laugh. It's as though Gone With the Wind got together with Pride and Prejudice and had babies, and this movie is what was made. It's awful, but I think every P&P fan should see it once in their lifetime.
I think those are the recommendations for now. I'm just in Austen-mode, so that's all I have. If I think of others, I'll let you know.
Oh, and Count of Monte Cristo was written by Alexandre Dumas, FYI.
Hope you enjoy the free netflix!