Thursday, April 30, 2009

"For I know the plans I have for you..."


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."



I love that verse.

It has so many meanings in my life right now, one of which is deciding what to do with my life for these next few years. It is so easy to become nervous/stressed/apprehensive/unsure about the future, and it is so perfect to remember (even in those freak-out moments) that God already has my life planned out, in His hands, and nothing I do will change the fact that our Creator has everything under control and perfectly in place.


Before last September, I had never really thought about this verse in God's eyes, rather than through my own human perception. Growing up, I learned it when I was really little to music (G.T. and the Halo Express - anyone??). I thought that it meant He'd give us a good, long life, full of hope and happiness. It's funny how God can take our skewed ideas and conform them to His own, even in the midst of unforeseen circumstances...


He has our plans all laid out so that He'll be glorified in everything... some plans are ones that we don't necessarily think are in our best interest at times... and other plans seem perfectly orchestrated for our unique purposes.


Right now, I am in the final steps of accepting a teaching job overseas next year in Morroco. I've been looking into different missions organizations over the past three months, and have looked at working in different places in Africa. I feel as though God as given me a heart for the people in Africa, and now it seems like everything has fallen into place, and I'm only a few days away from confirming the position with an organization called TeachOverseas. They have two teaching positions open in a 2nd and a 3rd grade class, and I'll likely know sometime in the next few days what the Lord has in store for me for the next year or so!

I'm so excited about this opportunity to simply:
  • go!
  • reach out to the Muslim people in Morroco
  • share Christ's love for them through my actions and words
  • and teach and love on children that are so different from myself
I covet your prayers, encouragement, and support as all these plans come together; these plans that He's already put into place!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment