Friday, April 15, 2011

Trip to St. Louis!

To continue to show how desperately behind I am in relating current events - here are some pics from last July when I went to Chicago to visit Danielle and then on to St. Louis to hang out and watch some Dodgers baseball with Matt and Tim!

Casey and Ronnie came around to sign some autographs for us Dodgers fans!



Hey there, Jamie Carroll. Sure, I'll take a picture with you! :)



Such a great view from the stadium! I went walking for about 20 minutes before the first (Friday night) game and got to see the St. Louis arch up-close for the first time.

You see, my entire family went to St. Louis one summer for a travel baseball tourney, but alas, I was left home to work...
*insert heavy sigh and self-reproaching smirk*




After the Saturday early game, it was also "Christian Day" at Busch Stadium. It was really neat to see the Dodgers and Cardinals players take the field to talk a little bit about their faith, what their walk with the Lord has looked like, and what it means to be a Christian who is also a professional athlete.


Tony Dungy was also there!
He spoke for a while, gave a brief rendition of his testimony and talked about how being a Christian has significantly impacted the way that he treated his players, coaches, and opponents in the NFL.



No comments:

Post a Comment