
this is a phrase in Luganda asking, ''how are you?'' right now, I would answer... only ok.
~
Today especially I've felt very much under spiritual attack.
I know that might sound strange to some who are reading this, so I'll explain just a little.
I know that God called me to come to Uganda and work and minister to these kids and be a part of their lives. I have had days when I KNOW Jesus is right alongside me in the classroom, and the Spirit is speaking through me in a conversation. There are also days when I feel discouraged, regretful, and tempted to give up. Especially here in Uganda, there is evil very much more prevalent than I've ever felt in the States.
~
I've felt discouragement, heartache, and loneliness in America too, don't get me wrong. But here, it comes on swift and strong, and literally knocks you down and has made me physically overwhelmed. Today, I just felt very much attacked.
~
Without going into a lot of detail, basically a parent of one of my students told me I was unfit to be a teacher, that I hated her daughter, and that she was going to get me fired. And while I know that none of that is even remotely true, it is still hurts my heart to hear those words.
Alicia, a friend and teacher at school, told me that when she's had confrontations like that, it reminds her to think of how much Jesus had to suffer when he came to save us; how people mocked him, called him names, hated him... and how he responded and still loved them. His grace and His mercy are boundless.
~
I would just ask for your prayers and encouragement in this area right now, that Satan wouldn't have a foothold in the school and that I would seek the Lord to be my ever-present help in times of trouble.
Love you all.
Praying for you Kris! What wise words from your friend, and encouraging for me to hear too! If I had kids, I would want you to teach them in every grade! You're an amazing teacher with such a sincere and loving heart. You care so much about your kids. xoxo
ReplyDeleteKnow that those hateful words are not true. You have been given a gift of teaching. There are many parents who would rather attack the teacher than admit that their child has problems. First year teachers are particularly vulnerable to this type of parent. Continue to have faith, and stay positive in dealing with the child. Love you...
ReplyDelete