Right now, I'm just sitting here with my puppy, Coda, and doing lesson plans. I'm planning on heading out to the ranch in a little while, probably go for a hike and visit with Grandma for a bit.
Mostly, I just wanted to post and say thanks for all of the outpouring of love and support. I don't think I can say it enough.
I am so thankful for the friends and family I have, here in California, and all over the U.S. for that matter, and over in Uganda. As I was doing my lesson plans, I chose a new 'Name of Christ' for devotions with my 6th graders... I don't know who's teaching them right now, but I really hope they are still enjoying delving into the different names of Christ that we've been looking at.
I couldn't help but choose "A friend who sticks closer than a brother" for this next week. It just seemed to fit. In Proverbs 18:24, it says, “A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” In my lesson plans, I wrote out: Explain that in our Lord, we have a friend… not a school friend, or someone we see every once in a while, but a friend who will always be true and faithful, who never leaves us. Isn’t it crazy how the King of the entire universe, instead of making us only be His servants, has ALSO given us the title ‘friend’?!? Oh Jesus, may we live up to the honor and calling that you’ve given to us.
And I couldn't help but be still and wonder at it. How many times have we called on our Lord as the King of Glory, the Creator, the Provider, the Comforter, our Shield and Strength, the Omnipotent, the Beginning and the End, and yet... He is also our Friend.
Thank you, my Friend, for being with me, for providing and comforting and caring, but mostly for being here to talk to, for never letting me feel alone or abandoned... for consistently showing up right when I need you... for being a shoulder to cry on (and weep on), to laugh at my clumsiness when no one else is around and I know you're the only one watching, and to make me excited and joyful about the little things in life. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment